Spending time on the water in Michigan is a part of our state's recreational past times. Boat ownership makes for great times with your family and friends. We can help make your time on the water relaxed and worry-free. We will help you find a comprehensive boat insurance policy that helps protect your watercraft and equipment.
A Customizable Plan for Every Need
Here are some items you’ll need to consider when shopping for boat insurance across Michigan.
- Agreed value coverage means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible.
- Personal liability coverage provides coverage to other boaters and boat owners in the event you are at-fault for an accident on the water. This coverage pays to repair or replace the property of someone else, as well as for their medical care, lost wages, and other costs incurred as a result of a boating accident for which you are at-fault.
- Medical payments coverage will pay for the cost of needed care that is the result of a boating accident. This coverage is available from $500 to $10,000 and covers you, your passengers, and even your water skiers/tubers, regardless of who is at-fault.
- Physical damage coverage pays for the cost to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment, and your trailer if it is stolen or damaged.
- Uninsured/underinsured watercraft bodily injury coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident if you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater.
- Fuel spill liability & wreckage removal coverage pays for an oil or fuel leak to be cleaned up--a legal requirement if your boat sinks or is seriously damaged. As the boat’s owner, you are required by law to have this cleaned up--an expensive undertaking without insurance.
- Personal effects coverage pays for many personal effects, including clothing, jewelry, cell phones, scuba/snorkeling, and other sporting and fishing equipment.
- Unattached equipment coverage pays to repair or replace equipment that isn’t permanently attached to your boat or personal watercraft, such as lifesaving equipment, water skis, anchors, oars, fire extinguishers, tarps, etc.
- Emergency Assistance Package which provides coverage for towing, labor, and delivery of gas, oil, or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
Whether you are headed north for the weekend to Higgins Lake, out for day on Lake Lansing, or going for the big water of Lake Michigan, we can customize a plan to fit your needs. Contact us today to find out how to get the best boat insurance coverage for you.